Friday, January 30, 2009

R.I.P: The Body Shop detangling comb.

The description:
Best if you want to:
Teach wet hair to co-operate with a wide-tooth wooden comb that evenly distributes conditioner and detangles without splitting ends. $7.00

I have tried so many combs but I had such high hopes for this one.
Wooden combs are supposed to be great for fragile hair because they are seamless and smooth.

The problem for me was more in the structure than the material. The comb itself is 5 inches long and it's teeth are 1.2 inches long. The teeth are squared at the ends and the space between them is about half a centimeter. The teeth are too narrow and short my hair. If I had seen it in person I wouldn't have bought it. The proportions were not listed on the site.

This comb would probably be better for straighter, less dense hair.

I've read that the Mason Pearson also has square teeth so maybe I'll go with a bone comb instead.