Monday, January 19, 2009

Dangers of reusing water bottles

I got really sick this week. I immediately knew why. I haven't been properly cleaning the water bottle I take to work everyday.
I've skimmed articles saying not to use plastic bottled water and I've seen videos of experts saying glass is better, but I guess who don't hear, does feel.
I've been taking antibiotics and I'm feeling better now.
Here's what you need to know:

Because water bottles aren't typically washed out and often don't even dry out completely, they become an excellent place for bacteria to take hold. Also, many of the commercial bottles are made with a plastic that is designed to break down over time. The longer the bottles are used, the higher the level of plastic compounds being dissolved into the liquids. (Canadian Journal of Public Health)

COPYRIGHT 2003 Review and Herald Publishing Association
COPYRIGHT 2003 Gale Group

Source