Thursday, January 1, 2009

Multiple uses: Jojoba oil!

In November, I purchased Jojoba oil from GNC just to give it a try. It's one of the many carrier oils that I have in heavy rotation. Here's a little info from NOW foods on this miracle oil:
Its oily wax extracts are rich in a number of therapeutic compounds, including long-chain essential fatty acids and fatty alcohols. Based on its high stability, invigorating scent and cosmetic versatility, jojoba is arguably one of the most popular natural compounds available today. It's safe for all skin types, and is most commonly used to help encourage softer hair and skin.
NOW® Jojoba Oil is an all-natural vegetable oil derived from the jojoba bean. These oils are remarkably similar to the natural sebum secreted by our own skin, and serve as an excellent moisturizer that is suitable for both daily and occasional use. In fact, some of the world's finest perfume makers have made Jojoba their carrier of choice in light of its rich texture and high stability. Jojoba Oil nourishes and revitalizes skin, relieves sunburn, and can even be used on hands, hair and nails.
Since purchasing Jojoba oil, I haven't felt the need to try out any new moisturizers for my skin. For me, this beats Shea Butter (gasp). It doesn't clog pores, it brightens like Shea Butter does in the first couple of weeks and it softened my skin like nothing I've used before.
Last week I used a little on my hair after moisturizing, wrapped and went to bed. The next day- soft hair and I have to think it was the Jojoba oil. A little goes a long way. I bought this over a month ago and have been using it on my face twice a day. The bottle is still 97% full. I just rub a pea size amount into my palms and rub into my face after washing with Neutrogena oil free acne wash and using ACV as a toner- Neither of which I'm thrilled about.
If you have something that does great things for your skin- stick with that product. If you're still looking, give Jojoba oil a try. I love it.