Monday, January 26, 2009

Cathy Howse on Protein/Hairdressers

I once had a hairdresser who told me that too much protien will make your hair weak and brittle. I use to use a protien conditioner and she said that I shouldn't do that because it wasn't good for the hair to use constantly. So, I guess I'm asking you if there is such a thing as "too much protien?"

Not if you soften it with moisturizers. Remember who you got that information from. Sorry but hairdressers are not the most reputable people to get hair care information from, if they were, there would have been no need for my research or book. Use protein but ensure your hair is moisturized to keep it softened. I have used protein since I found its benefits for over 12 years. I still use it 2-3 times per month if I need it. Believing hairdressers, is the reason we don't have hair now. I have proven what I say and protein is very needed but you must soften it.