Friday, March 6, 2009

The "My Dominican Salon" Blow-Out.



I've been to a Dominican salon when I lived in Brooklyn. I saw how a blow-out was done on natural hair and decided against getting the service. This salon is in my neighborhood in Lawrenceville GA.

Someone commented on their youtube channel about the amount of smoke coming out of the dryer. This was their response:

"the smoke you are seeing is actually the moisture from the creams evaporating, this process does not damage the hair, infact it grows the hair and keeps it healthy , remember with natural hair always request "deep conditioning""

((???)) I know some relaxed girls rave about these salon services, but I would not want this process done to my hair. Regardless of how it looked at the end, that's far too much heat and manipulation for me.

I don't think I'll ever go to a hairdresser again.