Monday, February 9, 2009

R.I.P: Carol's Daughter RMHS w/Sea Moss

Rosemary Mint Herbal Shampoo with Sea Moss.

Here's some info on this shampoo:

Parched, damaged, and unruly hair doesn't stand a chance against this soothing blend of lavender, rosemary, nettles, and sage, blended with organic oils of coconut, olive, jojoba, conditioning sea moss, and detangling rosemary.What it is formulated without: Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Synthetic Dyes, Petro, Chemicals, Phthalates, GMO, Triclosan (price 12.50)

When I applied this product to my scalp it lathered quickly. I experienced the expected tingling that comes along with products containing mint. I enjoyed that. However, my enjoyment faded when I rinsed my hair. My hair almost immediately felt stripped and tangled. This product claims to combat "parched" and "unruly" hair but I could not vouch for any moisturizing benefits.

Overall, it's a pretty average shampoo but it's over priced and I would not purchase it again.

I think there's a common consensus that a lot of natural shampoos are disappointing but what was even more disappointing with this set was a notably absent conditioner to combat this harsh shampoo. I thought that was weird. I know Carol's Daughter sells treatments but I'm cautious of a hair care line that wouldn't include that combo in a set.

Stay tuned for more reviews!