Thursday, February 19, 2009

Product Review: Lisa's Hair Elixir

Experience why Jada Pinkett Smith attributes her beautiful hair to this long time favorite. Sage and rosemary essential oils condition the hair and combat dry scalp while peppermint gives a refreshing tingle. (8 fl. oz. 19.00)
Benefits: Essential oils of rosemary and peppermint promote circulation, strength and contain scalp-protecting antioxidants. Performs double duty as a daily shine solution and a weekly hot oil treatment. Ingredients:
Soy Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Essential Oils Of Peppermint, Sage, And Rosemary And African Gold Fragrances

This product, along with the hair balm, is apparently part of Jada's Dynamic Duo. At a whopping $19.00, it's the most expensive product in the Best Tressed Hair set. I was apprehensive about using it because of my lack of knowledge on Soy bean oil but after a fellow blogger gave it the go ahead, I tried it.

I like the consistency, it's a little lighter than Jojoba oil. It does seem to be penetrating and moisturizing. While the smell is not as offensive as the hair milk, it reminds me of my grandmother's Sunday morning church perfume. It also contains some pretty good ingredients but... $19.00 for 80z? Really? I'd rather take a trip over to GNC and get a 16oz. bottle of Jojoba oil for $15.00.
I'm looking forward to using this as a hot oil treatment to see what results it yields. Stay tuned...