Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Carol's Daughter Hair Milk

This light, fast-absorbing lotion for the hair is made with essential oil of lemongrass to stimulate natural oil production. Vitamins C and E provide an antioxidant boost while a hint of lily of the valley fragrance perfumes hair beautifully. Hair Milk is ideal for defining natural curls and giving hair loads of shine and bounce. ($12.00 for 4oz.)

Benefits: Lemongrass stimulates scalp circulation and adds luster to dull hair.Sweet almond oil, a natural nut oil that is high in fatty acids and easily absorbed by the scalp.

This product delivers on some of it's claims. I used this to smooth a ponytail overnight with a scarf and I was pleasantly surprised in the morning, I had no fly-aways and my hair had some sheen to it without looking greasy.
For my hair type I think it would be great for twist outs and braid outs. I used this before I did large twists on blow dried hair and I almost didn't want to style my hair when I took them down! The twist-out looked great. It goes on feeling a bit sticky so I think that helps to provide some hold.
My advice to the company would be to market it, not as a moisturizer, but as a natural styling product. Someone looking for a natural moisturizer may be disappointed. My hair wasn't soft and the moisture didn't last.
I also was not a fan of the smell. It's the kind of smell that would give me a headache. When my little brother came in my room he asked me what it was- it was that strange. But it faded eventually
Overall, this is a good product that I'll use until it's finished. However. the smell and the price would not draw me to this product again.