Wednesday, December 24, 2008

REDKEN Alternative?













Let's not get too ahead of ourselves, but there are some parallels worth noting with these two moisturizing conditioners.

-They both promise to combat and smooth dry, damaged hair and deliver manageability.

Park Avenue is about $6 at Sally's for 10 fl. oz. and Redken is about $14-$16 for 8.5 fl. oz. depending on where or how it's purchased.
I haven't been able to find Redken on foot and I'm not into paying shipping fees that are a third of the cost of the item, so I can only speak for Park Avenue. I would purchase this product again. The consistency is slightly creamy and I love conditioners that are on the thicker side. I tried it without adding anything to it and in conjunction with a steam treatment, my hair came out very soft and I noticed more elasticity. Detangling was also less of a torture. I'm not saying I would bestow the honor of the "staple" title but in this recession, before you go out and pay for Redken's advertising machine , try out this lesser known product and tell me what you think!