Monday, December 29, 2008

A Fresh Start!






Don't you just love the look of freshly trimmed hair after a sudden bout of scissor happy bravery? Maybe not as much as I do.
I was supposed to muster up the nerve to allow a stylist to trim my hair but procrastination got the best of me, yet again, and I ended up being the unlicensed stylist for the day. My last trim was over three months ago and although I wasn't having splitting or breakage, my ends were a little uneven and dry. So in the spirit of starting off the New Year right, I chopped em off. All one and a half inches of em ::brushes shoulders off- literally, some hair was resting there::.
My method: Divide hair in 10 sections, take 2"x 2" sections within each division and trim as needed. That's it. After I finished cutting each piece, I put some coconut oil on the ends and twisted. When I finished the entire section I pin curled, tied down my hair with a scarf and went to bed. The result wasn't as tight and uniform as I wanted it to be but that's because I got lazy and did larger twists in the back.
2009, I'm ready for you...