Monday, May 25, 2009

Product Review: Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat.

Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat (not to be confused with Redken Smooth Down).

The promise: > Ultra-rich, cream treatment> Provides intense, deep moisturization> Delivers super, long-lasting conditioning, nourishment and control> Leaves hair streamlined, manageable and shiny.

My experience: After leaving this treatment on for a couple of hours without heat while I cleaned, my hair was very soft after rinsing. I didn't think it would be because the consistency of the conditioner isn't buttery at all. It's very light in comparison to the moisturizing conditioners that I normally use. My hair was also much easier to detangle and I lost less hair than I usually would on wash day. I would say this product delivers on it's promises without the use of the exaggerated adjectives like "ultra-rich", "intense" and "super, long-lasting".

I haven't invested in the normal retail size. The sample is $4 at Ulta. I cant be certain whether my positive experience with this product is due solely to it's efficacy because I also cowashed on that day rather than my normal shampooing. So... Idk. If you've tried it, I'd love to know your experience.