Tuesday, May 12, 2009

41 days


This is a fist full of hair next to my mouse. It's the result of 41 days of braids.
As I was taking the braids out, I glided down my hair with my hands to remove shed hair. I pre-pood with oil overnight, mixed Nexxus Therappe with Suave conditioner and water and shampood in sections. Then I added about half a tablespoon of baking soda to a large glass of water and poured that over my hair, waited a minute, then rinsed. Then, I did an ACV rinse similarly. I followed with a hard protein treatment using Nexus Emergencee for 10 minutes. After that, I mixed the Aura conditioner with some coconut oil and honey and DCed for half an hour. Next, I applied Lustrasilk and the GVP version of Paul Mitchell The Detangler over my hair, detangled with a wide tooth comb and rinsed.

I'm now rocking a 3/4 wig and I'll post pics soon. I'm due for a trim because it's been over 4 months since scissors have touched my hair. I haven't encountered any splits, my hair has basically been in protective styles 98% of the time, even when straight. But I have to confess that I haven't exactly been consistent with the daily moisturizing and sealing. It's so easy to get lazy when your in a protective style...

LaterZ.